If you are interested in planning an event at Diversity Plaza, you must proceed with the following steps:
- Contact Agha Saleh, of SUKHI, who is the Plaza Manager, to coordinate and plan your activity. Please email all details of your event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply with the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO) who issues permits for street fairs, festivals, block parties, green markets, commercial/promotional and other events on the City’s streets and sidewalks. You can apply online here or if you are not able to apply online only 2013 paper applications will be accepted and can be obtained at the SAPO office located at 100 Gold Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10038. It is recommended that applicants utilize E-Apply as it will allow for real time status updates, the ability to pay the processing fee by credit card, and quicker issuance of permits.Please note that the SAPO application deadline varies depending on the event:
- Block Party – 90 days prior to event date
- Clean Up – 60 days prior to event date
- Farmers Market – 90 days prior to event date
- Mobile Unit – 60 days prior to event date
- Religious Ceremony – 60 days prior to event date
- Single Block Festival – December 31 of the year preceding the year of the event.
- Street Festival – December 31 of the year preceding the year of the event. (only applicable to apply are events held in the previous year)
- Special Event – 14 days prior to event date
- If your event will be using amplified sound, you must obtain a sound permit from the 115th Precinct. Please contact the 115th Community Affairs Unit at (718) 533-2010 for your sound permit.
- Notify Community Board 3 of your event by calling their office at 718-458-2707.
- Once your event is approved, please email a detailed description of the event (time, purpose of event, website, etc.) along with an image/flyer to be posted on this website for promotion to email@example.com.
If you have questions about the process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.